Where to find espalier Camellia - Knowledgebase Question

Peachtree City, GA
Question by dab_jab
We have two large stuco walls (15? wide x 10? height) that flank either side of the main entryway of our house. This area gets lots of shade.
I would like to find a shrub that will cover the wall and still stay close to the wall. I've had an espalier Camellia suggested but I haven't been able to find anywhere to purchase ones that have already been trained.
Does Monrovia sell Camellia's that have the espalier pruning already started and if so, where would I be able to find them in the Atlanta area.
Thanks much,
Dave Bennett

0

Unfortunately, I have no way to check what your local retailers might have in stock, they are independent stores and carry a variety of products from Monrovia and other companies. I would suggest you check with them directly and see what they have or might suggest as a substitute if in their opinion camellia is not suited to the location you have in mind. If they do not have pre-started espaliers they may be able to refer you to a horticulturist who could help you learn to train your own, or maintain and train it for you over the coming years. This is actually a good way to go since you would be able to shape it from the start to be proportionate to the space you want to cover. There is a zip code based dealer locator at the Monrovia web site at

http://azdomino.monrovia.com/d...

to help you with contact information. Enjoy your espalier!