Cassia Tree not blooming - Knowledgebase Question

Naples, FL (Zone 10A)
Question by mmccool719
We planted a cassia tree a year ago, gets proper water, fertilizer, sun etc. Is growing and producing buds but no blooms? How do I get it to bloom?

0

Melissa,

I am sorry for this delayed reply to your gardening question. We are transitioning to a new Q&A system and your question was unfortunately lost in the transition. I have discovered it now and hope this reply is not too late to be of help.

Cassias usually bloom in mid to late summer, depending on the specific species you have. I think time will bring blooms. Continue to keep the soil just moist, not too wet. Do not fertilize it too much. If it lacks green color a light dose of fertilizer is okay.