Cutler, IN (Zone 5A)
|I recently re-potted my houseplant (it is a palm looking plant). I now have mushrooms/fungus growing in with my plant. I am affraid that it is going to kill my plant. This is a plant that i have had for almost 3 years. Is there something in the potting soil that i bought? How do i get rid of the fungus? Thank you for your time and knowledge!! Amanda
|Answer from NGA
May 4, 2005
|It is a bit unusual but it should not harm your plant. The fungus and mushrooms are growing on something organic in the potting mix, and once that material is exhausted they will die off. You can just scrape off the surface growth if it bothers you. Eventually it will stop all on its own.
« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage