Removing Holy Tree - Knowledgebase Question

East Brunswick, NJ (Zone 6B)
Question by khambhati91
How deep is main root of a 14 year old Holy Tree? I want to remove the stump of such tree which is about 15

0

You would probably be removing most of the stump at that depth however the roots will run outward from there as well, and you will need to dig a huge wide hole in order to work on it with a chain saw, mattocks, and other tools. Depending on what you plan to do with the area where the tree was you may want to have it professionally ground down to that depth. In my experience grinding is usually less disruptive to the general area than trying to dig up or pull or uproot a trunk of that size, depending on the circumstances. You might find the following discussion about removing stumps useful. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/p...