Boxwood shrub - Knowledgebase Question

Hamburg, ny
Question by ddruetti
I planted to Boxwood shrubs last summer, and they both took well the entire season. They're in the same soil, and after uncovering the burlap from the winter, I noticed one of the shrubs have gold/brown leaves. Drainage is good, I feed them both. green leaves are underneath the brown leaves. Should I worry about the shrub dying or just trim the brown leaves off? And what might of caused the browning of the leaves?

0

Based on your description I am not certain what would have caused the browning. It is difficult to diagnose that kind of symptom long distance. So I would suggest you consult with your county extension and/or professionally trained and certified nurseryman to try to get a specific diagnosis. It may not be anything to worry about, but it could also possibly be something that should be treated such as a disease or pest problem. I am really sorry I can't be more specific for you.