Water Butts - Knowledgebase Question

Richmond, KY (Zone 6A)
Question by mikeyork
May 14, 2005
I would like to save water and money by using a water butt to collect rainwater from my drain. does Home Depot sell water butt kits? If not where can I get one?

Answer from NGA
May 14, 2005


I think what you are asking about is a rain barrel that would be placed beneath a downspout directing rain water out of the roof gutter. Sometimes they can be interconnected and even hooked up to a gravity based drip irrigation system. You would need to check with your local store to see if they carry these. Otherwise they are widely available by mail order from companies such as Gardeners Supply. http://www.gardeners.com/

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Lupine"