planting seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Sacramento, CA (Zone 8A)
Question by elsphleb000
I have a question about growing flowers from seeds. Is there a certain time that is best for a certain flower? I have 2 kinds, bluebird forget-me-nots and helen mount violas, both are perennials. Is there special attention I need to pay to a watering schedule or anything? I've done pretty good so far with transplanting and just plain planting but seeds are a new thing so any tips or info is greatly appreciated! Thank You!

0

It sounds as though you've been quite successful with your seed starting venture. Timing of your seed starting really depends upon the types of plants you're growing. Forget-me-nots and violas are both early spring flowering plants. I'd wait until this fall or winter to sow the seeds outdoors. Natural rainfall will keep the seeds moist and when the weather warms the seeds will sprout. They should both flower right on time (late March) in your garden. Enjoy!