strawberrys on the ground - Knowledgebase Question

Plainfield, IL (Zone 5A)
Question by kvescovi
How do I stake up my strawbeery plants? They aren't doing as well as I would like. They look deformed, abd they are very small.

0

Strawberry plants would not need staking. They usually spread and send out runners (long stem with a baby plant attached) so I am not sure if what you are seeing is normal, or not. You may want to tuck some mulch under them if they are weighted down with fruit and dragging on the ground. This will help keep the berries clean. If you think there is something truly wrong with them I would suggest you consult with your county extension and/or a professional nurseryman to try to troubleshoot. They may appreciate some photos to help them understand how they are growing better. Good luck with your strawberries!