silvermound care - Knowledgebase Question

o\'fallon, mo
Question by brbrdilks
I planted silvermound last yr. It is growing very good but it has started laying flat and the middle is bare. should I be trimming them back?

0

To maintain an attractive appearance, Silvermound (Artemisia schmidtiana) should be cut back in fall or very early spring before new growth begins. It's a little late, but I'd still cut it back to encourage the development of healthy new growth. Don't prune away more than about one-third of the plant or it could take a long time to recover. Next spring, just as new growth begins, cut the plant back to within a few inches of the ground. This will renovate the plant. Best wishes with your garden!