jasmine in the sun - Knowledgebase Question

san francisco, ca
Question by sabrinabraha
I had a star jasmine plant on a trellis on a very sunny deck which turned entirely brown (but I don't think it was dead, per se). So I bought a new jasmine plant for this location and it is slowly doing the same thing. Is it possible it is getting too much sun? Not enough water? How can I prevent this from happening with my new jasmine?

0

It doesn't sound as though your jasmine liked its environment! Potted Jasmine likes bright, indirect light in summer. Perhaps yours is getting reflected heat from a wall? Preferred temperatures are around 70 in daytime to no less than 60 at night. It requires a good deal of humidity to grow and bloom well - frequent misting is a good idea. Keep soil evenly moist, without letting it dry out or get soggy. These extremes cause the buds to drop, and with a scent like jasmine, you don't want to lose a single one! As for fertilizer, you can apply a blooming houseplant food as directed on the label year round. Try moving your jasmine and adjusting the watering schedule. Hope it perks up!

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"