Propagation of clivia seeds - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, ca
Question by cailey
I was given a beautiful yellow clivia. It has produced a number of seed pods, which are now deep yellow/orange. I'd like to propagate them. When I remove the outer yellow covering from a seed, there is a single, shiny, brownish, podlike structure inside (about 1.5 x 1 cm). Is this the seed, or are there smaller seeds inside this pod?

Many thanks for the help.

0

What you're finding in the seed pods are seeds. If they are viable, each will produce a new plant. Don't remove the outer covering from the individual seeds, simply remove the seeds from the larger seed pod. Sow the seeds in a peat-based compost to a depth of ?", then water well and keep in an area with a temperature of 65-70?F. Your seeds should germinate in about 3 weeks.