johnson blue geranium turning white - Knowledgebase Question

Name: NGA Garden Shop Customer
west alexandria, oh
Question by simpleways64
i have a johnson blue geranium....about 15 years old...i have dug up & got many plants from this one plant for years....this year...one of the new offsprings of it has white flowers & blue ones.....the white ones are looser looking, and the foilage is a little different.......the white flowers look just like my sister in laws Alba geranium that she planted a few years ago......how did my geranium produce the two flowers....and why after so many years????? thank you for your reply

0

I can think of two possibilities. One is that there is a mutation or branch sport, the other is that a seedling has interwoven itself into the division of Johnson's Blue. What fun!