Toxic to Humans? - Knowledgebase Question

Portland, Or
Question by jstainbrook2
June 9, 2005
Are the berries on the Nandina Domestica toxic to humans? How many would one need to eat to become ill, a few or a whole bush full?

Thank you for your assistance.


Image
Answer from NGA
June 9, 2005

0

Nandina berries are considered mildly toxic if eaten, but there have been no reported cases of poisoning in humans. The berries are not considered edible, though, so I wouldn't recommend eating any! The berries can cause digestive problems in cats and dogs.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Aster"