Poisonous Plants - Knowledgebase Question

Oskaloosa, IA
Question by mbelzer
June 20, 2005
Is Red Hot Poker poisonous? I got some pollen in my eye and had a terrible reaction


Image
Answer from NGA
June 20, 2005

0

Red Hot Poker is not considered poisonous or toxic, but some gardeners are quite sensitive to plants that ordinarily do not bother people. It sounds as though you are quite sensitive to the pollen. I can only suggest you stay away from the plant when it is in bloom. As the flowers age, they won't have much pollen in them and you can safely trim the faded flowers stalks down. Good luck with your garden!

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"