Ground cover needed for hot spot - Knowledgebase Question

Downers Grove, IL
Question by Schilltill
We are removing the grass along a strip of land between our asphalt driveway and our neighbors. I have planted ornamental grass here and would like to finish off with ground cover towards the street. What could I grow that will take full sun along an asphalt driveway and can handle the chemicals that my neighbor sprays on her portion of this strip by her lawn service.

0

There are many plants that would handle the heat and sun, but as far as the chemicals are concerned it really depends what they are spraying. Some herbicides will damage your ornamental plants, as could overfertilizing. Some plants you could consider would include assorted sedums, low growing junipers, daylilies, achillea, salvia, or possibly a creeping form of thyme. Good luck with your project!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"