Starburst Monie vs. Kwanso Daylily? - Knowledgebase Question

Franklin, TN
Question by steve5150w
I am trying to identify a daylily. It is either a Kwanso or a Starburst Monie. Does the Starburst Monie ever have TRIPLE flowers. These two daylilies seem to be identical other than the amount of layers of petals.

Thank you.

0

To be honest these are quite different. The Starburst series of dayliles includes reblooming, evergreen plants. "Monie" or "Starburst Suzie" has a mottled or shaded coloring yellow to brilliant orange with red streaks, quite spectacular. The Kwanso is a much ranker growing plant and spreads rapidly; the flowers are tawny orange with some deeper markings. It is not evergreen and it does not rebloom.

If you use the catalog at the Monrovia web site and search for the word Monie you will access a photo of it.

Here is a photo of Kwanzo. You may have to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

http://www.hemerocallis-specie...

I hope this helps.