I have some ppl putting there cigarttes in a potted Lemon Verbena. - Knowledgebase Question

Saint Marys, WV (Zone 6A)
Question by asartu
What effects will this have on the plant? Is this good for it? It is a n outside potted plant (large pot). THank you for your time and effort in this matter. (asartu@hotmail.com)

0

While I do not think this will hurt the plant as long as they are removed from time to time, it does seem rude of people to do that. Perhaps a layer of wire mesh laid over the soil surface would discourage them. Or perhaps providing an alternative "ash tray" such as a can of sand would encourage them to put their butts elsewhere. I'm sorry you are having this problem.