Shrub problem - Knowledgebase Question

Shirley, NY
Question by kathy09283
I have several Crimson Pygmy Barberry shrubs that are a few years old. They have done very well in the past. All of a sudden, their leaves have started to fall off. I have no clue as to why. Please help!

Kathy09283@aol.com

0

Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to determine exactly what is happeneing to your shrubs. This type of defoliation can be due to a rooting problem such as encircling roots that were left intact at planting time and are now strangling the plant to a disease problem such as verticillium wilt to something unusual happening such as accidental herbicide exposure. I would suggest you work with your county extension and/or professionally certified nurseryman to try to determine what is happening and then based on knowing that, decide how to proceed. I'm sorry your shrubs are not doing well.