need care instructions for pink lace crepe mertle, ht, and width full grown - Knowledgebase Question

gladewater, tx
Question by nwilkins4
How tall, wide will this crepe mertle grow. How to care for it?

0

Judy,

Give it a good soaking as often as is needed the first summer to keep the soil moist and help the plant get established. Fertilize in late winter with a cup of turf fertilizer per inch of trunk diameter.

I could not find Pink Lace in Monrovia's listing of varieties. However a search for this plant on the web indicated some sources listing it as a 6-8 foot variety and others as a 12 - 20 foot variety. I would suggest to you that there are many other crapes to choose from that perform well and are superior to Pink Lace. The most important things to look for in a crape are color, size, and resistance to powdery mildew. Check out the following online chart from Texas:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu...