Nishiki Willow Tree - Knowledgebase Question

WILMINGTON, de
Question by JANTOM1949
I just planted a Nishiki willow tree. Could you tell me how often I need to water it? Does it need more water now, in this hot and humid weather? I have noticed a few of the leaves are turning brown, is this normal? It's been 2 days since it has been watered.

0

Newly planted trees and shrubs often go through an adjustment period, during which time they can look wilted and can develop yellowing or browning leaves. As soon as the roots become established, the tree should perk up and grow well for you. Willow trees like lots of water; soak the soil deeply once each week during the rest of the summer (twice a week if the weather is really hot). Wait until the top inch or two of soil is dry before watering deeply again. Enjoy your willow tree!