Problem with my rhododendron - Knowledgebase Question

Pound, Wi
Question by nbnbnb52
I purchased a monrovia rhododendron 1 month ago it was nice and shiny the leaves I watered daily and gave it plant food the leaves are now very dull and sick looking What am I doing wrong and how can I get it healthy looking again?

0

You may be overwatering your rhodie. If you planted it in the ground, it may also be going through some transplant shock. If you water too frequently, the roots can suffocate from lack of oxygen. The best treatment for your new shrub is to water it deeply once each week rather than giving it daily doses of water. I'm sure it will perk up when you allow the soil to dry out a bit and the roots have a chance to establish themselves in their new home. Best wishes with your rhodie!