leaves turning black on asiatic lily - Knowledgebase Question

Verga, NJ (Zone 6B)
Question by wlhain2
The leaves on my asiatic lily are turning black. All the other flowers in my garden are flourishing. Does it have a fungus or is this a normal occurrence?

0

The foliage should stay a healthy green until late summer or fall when it naturally yellows. It may be a fungal infection of some kind, given the humid summer weather we usually have, or perhaps mold growing where aphids have caused damage. I would suggest you consult with your local county extension to obtain a definite diagnosis of the problem and based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. If it is something that requires spraying, they will have the most up to date information on what to use and how/when is best to apply it. Good luck with your lilies!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"