Ombrella Mimosa Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Torrey, Ut
Question by dudlusa
I am very intrested in the Ombrella Mimosa Tree and would like to order some however I have a question as to the root pattern of this tree. Do they burrow down deep or spread out. We live in an area where we have hard pan just 3-4 feet below the ground and question if they will servive here. Please get back to me and let me know, thank you. Colleen

0

Ombrella Mimosa is a warm winter tree and will not survive in your gardening zone. A general rule of thumb for the root systems of deciduous trees is that the roots will penetrate the top 24 inches of soil and spread out about twice as far as the dripline of the canopy of the tree. Therefore, if you have a small or narrow planting side, you'd be better off choosing a tree with an upright or columnar habit rather than a huge canopy. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"