What plants are good to go by the pool that clorine will not hurt. Wet ground - Knowledgebase Question

Starke, Fl
Question by alf2
What plants could I plant around the pool. It above ground and 5 ft deep. What about gardenias, crape myrtle, box wood, daylillies???? I already have some of these plants.
Live in central Florida
Also

What plants can I use in other places in my yard that will tolerate wet ground???

0

Laura,

Chlorine at normal levels will not hurt most plants. I think the plants you mentioned are fine provide you give them growing conditions that each prefers (sun or in the case of gardenias partial shade) and well drained soil to prevent soggy conditions. For wet areas you might try canna, sedge or 'Ruby Slippers' cardinal flower in sun, or Louisiana iris and ferns in shade.