JAPANESE MAPLE - Knowledgebase Question

Blauvelt, NY (Zone 6A)
Question by marg1848
i BOUGHT A JAPANESE ABOUT 2FT TALL. THERE IS BROWN SPOT ON LEAVES SEEM LIKE THERE IS INSECT. WHAT CAN I DO? I WATER TWICE A WEEK IN THE HOT WEATHER.

0

Unfortunately based on your description I am not able to diagnose the foliage problem on your Japanese maple. These trees are sensitive to over and underwatering, overfertilizing, chemical exposure, and even too much sun. They may suffer some transplant shock the first year especially when the weather turns hot in mid summer. On the other hand there might be an insect or disease issue. I would strongly suggest you consult with your county extension and, since this is a new plant, also with your professionally trained nursery staff to see if they can help you with a specific diagnosis and based on that, determine how to proceed. I hope it is nothing too serious.