east facing-1/2 day sun - Knowledgebase Question

SUPERIOR, WI
Question by summerrye6
I have a area, 30ft. long and 2 to 2.5 ft. wide that faces east and gaets sun till noon and is exposed to north wind from the side somewhat. I would like plants that are easy to moderate care and would make a big impact. The garage is sided in a light icy-grey siding and I would like purples/wine and pinks and chartreuse/lime colored plants, if possible. any suggestions would be helpful,thanks!

0

With an eastern exposure you can use plants that like part sun or sun to part shade. For example, you could try some of the golden hostas and wine colored daylilies along with some wine and pink tulips and some asters in pink for a long lasting yet with seasonal change in your colors. Your local professional nursery staff should have additional suggestions based on a more detailed understanding of the planting site and your design goals. Purple and chartreuse foliaged barberries might also add some structure to the planting bed for you. Enjoy your new plants!