Concrete Backyard - Knowledgebase Question

San Francisco, CA (Zone 8B)
Question by jsampson0
I am preparing to sell my house and want to improve the looks of the backyard. It is really just a concrete slab that is cracked in many areas and bordered by a 2 foot strip of garden. Can I simply cover the concrete with bark to make the yard more attractive?

0

You could cover the concrete with bark, but the new owners might be in for quite a surprise the first time a heavy rain hits the area and floats the bark! How about placing groups of colorful plants in terra cotta or plastic pots in spots throughout the slab and setting out a patio table and chairs? The flowers will direct potential buyer's eyes away from the cracks in the concrete and the slab will take on a more livable look.