Soil Tests - Knowledgebase Question

Beach Park, IL
Question by sharonb1
I'm new to gardening. Where can I get a kit to test my soil or do you know of anyplace in Northeastern Illinois that tests soil?

0

You are very wise to start off on your gardening endeavors with a soil test...it will save so many problems from happening later. Most County Extension Offices and/or state universities offer soil testing for their county/state's residents. These tests are usually offered for a nominal fee or in some cases, free. Contact your agent at 708-223-8627 for details. You will find that extension agents are a priceless source of horticulture information, especially that which is specific to your area. If there are problems in your soil, the results will most likely include proposed solutions. Welcome to the wonderful world of gardening!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"