Mother Of Thousands - Knowledgebase Question

Fontana, CA (Zone 8B)
Question by honeycutt100
Where would I be able to find a Mother Of Thousands plant, in southern California? I had read about them and I think they sound interesting.

0

Mother of Thousands is also called Mother of Pearl or Maternity Plant. If this is the plant you're looking for, it's Saxifraga sarmentosa and should be readily available in garden centers everywhere. I'd look in the houseplant section of Home Depot, or phone a local greenhouse or florist. These plants are still quite popular as houseplants all over the country - maybe you're looking in the outdoor section of the garden centers you've visited? Hope now that you have the botanical name, you can make a few phone calls to garden centers rather than having to drive all over town!

Best wishes with your search!