Pyrimidal Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Amherst, VA
Question by fmam1merk
I am interested in finding a pyrimidal tree(s) for the foundation of my house. I like the Dee Runk Boxwood, maybe the Nellie Stern Holly. What would be your suggestion? From the ground to the soffit of the house, is 10 feet. Am looking for low maintenance evergreen.

0

Keep in mind that a healthy plant will be less work in the long run so using "right plant, right place" as a selection tool is important. Your plant choice will depend partly on the amount of space available but also on the exposure -- how much sun it receives, how much wind it receives (especially in winter) and also on the soil type and typical soil moisture levels. I would suggest you work with your local county extension and/or professional nursery staff to analyze the growing conditions where you want to plant, and based on that determine which plants would be best suited to the spot. Then select the one you like best from among those. Enjoy your new evergreen!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"