Golden Bamboo - Knowledgebase Question

Bayonne, NJ
Question by hansifms
Friends gave me three clumps of Golden Bamboo which I planted around June 24. One of them shows the top leaves turning yellow. What does that indicate?
Thank you for your response

0

Baed on your description I am not certain what is happening. It could be that it has failed to root well enough or the soil is too dry; it might also be a pest such as spider mites (you would see fine webbing on the undersides of the leaves, these can be knocked off with a spray of water from the garden hose or treated with commercially formulated insecticidal soap per the label instructions) or some other condition. If you do not think it is any of these, you might want to check with your county extension and see if they can help you diagnose it. I hope it is nothing serious.