Espalier - Knowledgebase Question

Hartville, OH
Question by pjacob2664
I am looking for an espalier pear tree that will grow well in zone 5 and produce a large amount of fruit. I am unable to find any espalier trees in this area. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.
Paul Jacob

0

The best pear trees for your region include Dawn, Honeysweet, Maxine, Moonglow, and Seckel. Pears are relatively easy to espalier so if you find the right cultivar, you can espalier it by securing it to a split rail fence or to wires you string along a wall or fence. It may be the only way you can have an espaliered pear tree in your landscape. If you decide to do it yourself, submit another question to this forum and we'll walk you through the steps of creating an espaliered tree.

Best wishes with your garden!