non flowering Shrimp plant - Knowledgebase Question

Santa Ana, CA
Question by merilyn0203
Hi, I bought two Shrimp plants from a nursery that sells your plants. It's very interesting because the one flowers like crazy and the other just sits there! I bought them three months ago and due to

0

Although it sounds odd, I think the reason one of your plants is not flowering is because it was started from a cutting that came from a non-flowering plant. It's been my experience in greenhouse propagation that, since cuttings produce an exact duplicate of the parent plant, the cuttings should be taken from a perfect specimen. However, when cuttings are taken, the plants are not in flower so it's difficult to know!

This is a good reason for only purchasing plants that are flowering or have flower buds on them - at least there will be no surprises!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Wildflower"