Bloom of Mock Orange Bush - Knowledgebase Question

Chicago, IL
Question by jjoyce4495
I have had 2 Mock Orange bushes for at least 5 years and they are full and healthy, however no of the beautiful and highly scented flowers. It is in an area of 3/4 sun and 1/4 day shade with soil that is not overly wet or anything. Thx, Judy

0

Unfortunately I have no easy explanation for why this happens. You are not the only gardener facing this with mock orange shrubs, if that is any consolation. Sometimes they seem shy to bloom and wait years for no apparent reason. The only possible reason I have come across is maybe overfertilizing, especially possible if it is planted adjacent to a lawn area that is heavily fed with nitrogen. I'm sorry.