Blue Princess Holly - Knowledgebase Question

chicago, il
Question by marleenricka
I have 2 Blue Holly, We only had them for 2 months. Leaves have turned yellow and some completely brown. And the leaves have curled inward. What is the problem? Not enought water or to much water? Does it need fertilizer? Is this an insect thing? I am completely clueless on the holly bush and I am searching for any answers possible.

0

Unfortunately, based on your description, I am unable to identify the problem with your holly. Hollies need an acid soil that is evenly moist yet well drained, meaning not soggy. They should also be protected from winter wind and ideally, from heat reflected from pavement or buildings. If any of these conditions are not met, they may yellow and possibly brown. There are also some insect and disease problems which could cause the same symptoms. You mgiht want to take a sample to your county extension for a more specific diagnosis and suggested remedies. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful!