Bananna Plant - Knowledgebase Question

midland, tx
Question by cjeff5
We have got some little plants coming from in between the leaf and the stalk of our bananna plant,which it looks like that they are more bananna plants.The leaves roll out just like the big one.My question is there a way to pull the new plants up and try to save them ,and does it hurt the mature plant.Thanks for you time.

0

Jeff,

If they are coming up from the base you can dig them out and transplant them. Bananas do this and in time the clump grows larger with more and more stalk emerging. But if they are coming from a where leaves attack up the stem I wonder if they might be fruiting stalks. If they are truly new shoots or plants I don't think there is any way to propagate them.