the fruits on the double Weeping Cherry are poison fruits? - Knowledgebase Question

Rushville, IN
Question by boyerfamily
August 25, 2005
Are the fruits on the Double Wepping Cherry poison?


Image
Answer from NGA
August 25, 2005

0

In my experience the small fruits from double flowered weeping ornamental cherries such as Prunus pendula and Prunus subhirtella are quickly eaten by birds and small animals. They are closely related to the cherries grown for eating, but are much smaller fruits. If eaten while unripe they would probably give you a stomach ache. In the references I checked they are considered generally non toxic to people. Here is an example. You may need to cut and paste the complete url into your browser to make it work correctly.

http://www.aragriculture.org/h...

If you have a case of suspected toxicity, please contact your local poison control immediately (or your veterinarian in the case of a pet).

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"