Leyland Cypress - Knowledgebase Question

Tulsa, OK
Avatar for skingone
Question by skingone
My local nursery carries your Leyland Cypress. For the space I have, they think I should plant 3. From what I've read, I think I should plant 1. Would you give me the approximate width and height a Leyland Cypress will be at maturity and how fast it grows. THANK YOU!

Leyland Cypress can grow to 100' but usually doesn't in landscape situations. The normal spacing is from 2-5'. If they are only 2' apart, they will developing into a thick privacy screen. Spaced 5' apart, there will be more room for good air circulation (which promotes good health). Leyland Cypress are fast growing trees, so expect 8-12 inch of new growth each year.

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by KGFerg and is called "Fruit of Mahonia oiwakensis"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.