Rose trees - Knowledgebase Question

Guthrie, OK
Question by troopckk
What is killing my rose plants? It appears that something is eating or killing the plant from the ground up.

0

Unfortunately, based on your description I am not certain what is happening to your rose tree. It might be an animal such as a rabbit chewing at it, or it might be a disease such as a canker damaging the stem, or there might be a problem with the graft union. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to try to obtain a specfic diagnosis and then based on knowing that, determine how to proceed. They may appreciate an overall photo of the plant along with some close-ups of the damaged area. I'm sorry I can't be more exact for you and I hope it is nothing too serious.