Builders landscape - Knowledgebase Question

alpharetta, ga
Question by susie_davis
I currently have 5 of the nandina firepower from builder landscape and in need of a suggestion for a replacement shrub. The nandina's are not my favorite plant. Also looking to have a shrub to use as a screen to block the unsightly green electrical and telephone box. Currently there are 4 dwarf english laurels. Will they get tall enough or should I replace them with with regular sized laurels?

0

Susie,

The dwarf English laurel will reach 6-8 feet tall and wide with time but can be kept smaller with shearing.

As for a replacement for the nandina, it is difficult to recommend a plant without knowing what your aesthetic preferences are. Some smaller shrubs that may be acceptable for you to consider include: dwarf Japanese barbary, various types of spirea, or dwarf cranberry bush.