Japanese Maple dieing - Knowledgebase Question

Arlington, tx
Question by randycordova4
I have a Monrovia Japanese maple and it is dieing. the leaves are brown and the ends of the branches and the base of the trunk are turning Black. Is this due to lack of water, too much water or possible inproper soil conditions?

Thanks

0

Randy,

Too much water drowns roots by excluding oxygen. Too little kills by drying them out. Either extreme is a possible cause. Excessive fertlizer applications can burn roots. I suspect the problem is due to a soil moisture extreme. Try to keep the soil evenly moist. If the area drains poorly it may be necessary to dig the plant in November and then redo the bed, raising it up higher, then reset the plant.

Good luck with your Japanese maple. Thanks for the question. Please stop in again soon!