weeping mulberry - Knowledgebase Question

Albany, KY
Question by kimisu56k
I planted a young weeping mulberry this spring, the tree was doing great, now it has brown spots on every leaf, I'm sure i need some kind of pest control and also would like to know about pruning the tree. Thank-You. Kim

0

Unfortunately, based on your description I am unable to determine whether the leaves are showing signs of transplant stress or water stress, or if there is a pest or disease at work. You might wish to take a sample to your county extension for a more specific diagnosis and suggested steps to take. In the meantime, make sure that the soil ball where the original roots are is kept evenly moist but not soaking wet, and also make sure that the surrounding soil is kept evenly moist but not soaking wet -- sometimes the original root ball dries out much faster than the native soil does. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.