evergreen tree or shrub for privacy - Knowledgebase Question

vallejo, ca
Question by blackmustang
I want to create privacy between my neighbors kitchen window and my bedroom window. I would like it to be evergreen about 10-15 ft high and wide (not small and not huge!)
I live right near the waterfront and I get full sun full wind and full rain in this spot. I want to plant something that can take these elements and still look beautiful. Any Thoughts? Brgds, Kenny

0

Most evergreen trees reach very large proportions at maturity and probably won't fit in the area you describe. May I suggest a large shrub trained into tree form? You'll have the beauty of multiple trunks along with a dense, green canopy of leaves. If this appeals to you, consider camellia, Cercis (redbud), Chamaecyparis (thread-branch cypress), or Viburnum. Hope the above information is helpful!