Plant problem - Knowledgebase Question

Auburn, AL
Question by tstheiler
For a class assignment we are supposed to figure out whats wrong with a certain tree. I also am supposed to find out how to save it. I think it might have a disease. But on the few leaves left on the tree they all have little like brown patches. And the branch itself has little gray dots on it. I dont know how else to describe it. But if you could help me out that would be awesome. Thank you for your time.

0

Trenton,

It is difficult to diagnose based on that description alone. The leaves may have a fungal or bacterial disease. The bark may have scale or may be normally that way. I suggest you contact your local county Extension Office and see if you can bring in samples or a photo for them to look over and assist you. That would be your best bet of getting a good diagnosis.

According to our info your Extension Office's address and phone number are:
600 S 7th Street Suite 4
Opelika, AL 36801-4936
Phone: (334) 749-3353
http://www.aces.edu/Lee/

Thanks and good luck!

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Daisy with bug"