Serviceberry Tree - Knowledgebase Question

Hoagansville, GA
Question by summer1
I just bought a Serviceberry tree from Pike Family Nurseries. It looked healthy at the store, but the day after we got it home the leaves started turning yellow with black spots. The tree was on sale - was that because it was dying or is it normal for the tree to do that?

0

Summer,

Very strange. Those symptoms coming on so suddenly point to some sudden stress such as being left in a hot car, roots drying out, or ????.

I suggest you discuss the plant problem with the retailer where you purchased it. In the meantime keep the roots moist but not soggy. In time if the initial damage was not too severe it should recover. Since winter is coming on it may be spring before you see significant signs of growth.