Fertilizer - Knowledgebase Question

Menomonee Falls, Wi
Question by craigvoigt
October 9, 2005
What kind of fertilzer or plant food do I use?

Answer from NGA
October 9, 2005


There are many general purpose fertilizers available. I routinely use a 10-10-10 formulation or a 20-20-20. Time-release fertilizer consists of granules coated with varying thicknesses of clay. The clay washes away at different rates (depending upon thickness) providing a continual supply of nutrients over a long period of time. Water soluble plant food is immediately available to plant roots, but has little residual effect and must be reapplied at regular intervals to provide nutrients to plants. Hope this answers your question.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:



[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by TBGDN and is called "Red Squirrel"