yellow ground hugging juniper - Knowledgebase Question

Rochester, NY
Question by behrensg1
Where can I find a plant simular to a Dwarf Japanese Garden Juniper that is yellow?

Thanks

0

You might check with your local nurseries and see if they carry anything like that, however I do not think there is specifically a plant similar to this one (Juniperus procumbens `Nana`)in yellow. There is a low growing juniper with yellow variegation Juniperus horizontalis "Mother Lode", for example, but the form is looser and not as refined as the procumbens Nana. You might also consider Juniperus x pfitzeriana ?Aurea Improved? (sometimes called "Gold Coast") which is overall golden but grows three feet tall and about four feet across, or Juniperus chinensis 'Gold Lace' or Juniperus x pfitzeriana 'MonSan' (Gold Coast Improved) about the same size. There is also a "Gold Star" but it is even larger. Good luck with your search!