Pieris Taiwanensis - Knowledgebase Question

Albany, IN
Question by icemas
I planted this shrub a few weeks ago. It had been looking beautiful, but I am now seeing several yellowish-green leaves not present before. Is this a characteristic of the shrub or do I have a problem of some kind? If so, what should I do to correct it? I am new to the world of shrubs.

0

Your Pieris is an evergreen shrub, but even evergreens eventually lose some of their oldest leaves. If the affected leaves are the oldest ones, those lower and towards the center of the plant, it's nothing to worry about. If the affected leaves are new, it may be a sign of transplant stress - which is a temporary thing. Next spring you can prune your pieris down a bit to remove affected leaves and stems. Pruning will encourage healthy new growth. Best wishes with your garden!