zozia grass - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Jerry White
folcroft, pa
Question by jerdor423
its now oct. 28 can i buy xoxia and put it down on my lawn!! or wait till spring

0

Although some of the hardier varieties of zoysia can theoretically be grown in Pennsylvania, it is not usually recommended. The reason is that this type of grass is dormant during the colder months and turns brown -- most people do not like the look of it all winter and the growing season is just too short for it. If you really want zoysia, it should be planted in the spring using sprigs or plugs. I would suggest you work with your local county extension to see which varieties of turf grass they recommend locally, and have them help you develop a lawn establishment and maintenance plan for it. Good luck with your lawn next season!