GRAPES - Knowledgebase Question

FARMINGTON, Ut
Question by carterrk
November 19, 2005
I WATCHED YOUR PROGRAM ON GRAPES,(11/19/05). YOU SHOWED HOW TO TRIM GRAPE VINES AND WHEN TO DO IT. I MISSED PART OF THE PROGRAM ON THE TRIMING PROCESS. CAN YOU HELP WITH THAT. I HAVE A LARGE GROWTH OF CONCORDS THAT IS GETTING OUT OF HAND. THEY SEEM TO BE PRODUCING LESS EVERY YEAR. I NEED TO CUT THEM BACK, BUT HOW FAR. THE PLANT IS 7 YEARS OLD WITH THE MAIN TRUNK ABOUT 2 INCHES IN DIAMITER.
I WOULD APPREICATE ANY HELP.
ROGER CARTER, FARMINGTON UT.

November 19, 2005

0

When it comes to pruning grapes, I think a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's a link to a website on grape pruning, complete with diagrams and explanations:
www.extension.iastate.edu/Publications/RG502.pdf

You can print this publication and refer to it each year when it is time to prune. Best wishes with your grapevines!